What is FSSAI?
FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India) is an autonomous body who looks after the food safety. The FSSAI has been set up under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a solidifying resolution identified with nourishment security and direction in India.FSSAI is in charge of ensuring and advancing the general well being through the control and supervision of food and safety. Fssai food license is provided to the food business operators who falls in the specific criteria.
FSSAI has six other provincial workplaces in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Cochin, and Guwahati. The headquarters are in located in Delhi.
The Central Government chooses a non-official executive as a Secretary to the Government of India.
Why do you need to/should register under the FSSAI?
In the first place, each person who possesses any type of food business (for example a Food Business Operator – owner of a restaurant, small eatery etc), will undoubtedly get food license online and to register themselves under FSSAI.
In any case, very private ventures are exempted from such a standard, furnished that they enlist themselves with the sustenance specialist. Some of the essential reasons why you should enroll under the FSSAI are mentioned below:
- FSSAI registration improves the validity of the business, as it builds the shopper’s trust in the food product, as far as it is related to food and safety.
- It helps to the advancements of the food business.
- It expels different directions on getting endorsements.
- It encourages exchange, without trading off the wellbeing worries of the general population ( i.e., shoppers).
How to register under FSSAI?
FSSAI registration has to be done online, there are very few requirements to get FSSAI license.
- Visit FSSAI online registration portal.
- To get FSSAI license, the Food and Safety authority has to start by submitting FSSAI registration form Form A (application).
- This application can be acknowledged or it might be dismissed by the Department within 7 days from the application date and the reality must be hinted to the candidate in composing.
- On the off chance that the application is acknowledged, the division will allow an enlistment testament with the enrollment number and the photograph of the candidate.
- FBO ought to noticeably show the declaration of enrollment at the place of business amid the business hours.
Documents required for FSSAI registration
There are three types of FSSAI license, Basic license State license, and Central license and accordingly following mentioned are the required FSSAI license documents
- Passport Photo
- Address Proof
- List Of Food Category
- Photo Id Proof
- Blue Print/ Layout Plan
- List of equipment
- NOC From Municipality
- Incorporation Certificate
- List Of Directors /Partners
- MOA And AOA
- Water Test Report
- Import Export Code
Food safety is a major concern worldwide. Food, being a flat out need, ought to dependably be protected and safe for consumption. Any trade-off in this can prompt risky outcomes. FSSAI has made it obligatory for all food-related business to enlist, or register themselves under FSSAI, as it plans to keep these losses.